AIRGUARD™ Blockage Prevention System FAQS
How does the Airguard Blockage Prevention System work?
The Airguard BPS recirculates the hydraulic oil from the tractor through an oil radiator. This heats up the oil rad which in turn increases the air stream temperature that is entering the air cart fan. By heating up the air the BPS prevents condensation and reduces buildup on all internal components.
What effect does the Airguard Blockage Prevention System have on my air seeder?
- Cools hydraulic oil approximately 20 C / 68 F
- Raises air temperature approximately 10 C / 50 F
- Reduces Relative Humidity by 50% when air temp increases 10 C / 50 F
- Seeding in a heavy fog or misty rain is possible, which can be valuable hours gained during seeding time
How is the radiator protected from over pressurization?
The Airguard Blockage Prevention System has a pressure relief port (TANK) that regulates the pressure. A 3/4" hydraulic hose line must be fitted to this relief port with proper free flow couplers and plumbed back to the hydraulic reservoir of the tractor. This port cannot tie into an existing case drain line as this will cause excess back pressure in the relief line. There must be unobstructed flow back to the tractor to prevent damage to the system. Airguard supplies specially designed quick couplers with our relief line kits that have check valves built in and free flow to ensure they will operate correctly. The system will automatically self regulate if installed properly to ensure that oil flow is directed either to the relief line or through the radiator core. This will ensure that the pressure in the core stays at a safe level.
Pressure spikes are unpredicatable. Often they occur at startup, when filling the cart with more seed, or during the shutdown of the air cart. They can also happen when you engage the shanks or lift up the shanks when in the field. Having a properly designed relief line kit is important to ensure that you are protected from these unpredictable pressure spikes.
Our aluminum radiator cores are pressure rated to 1800psi to ensure that your investment is protected.
Why do I need a Snorkel kit for my Airguard Blockage Prevention System?
We designed our snorkel kits to help reduce maintenance on the BP System. Using a snorkel kit moves the air intake to the top of the cart thereby allowing the fan to suck in clean air. This reduces the amount of dust and debris that the fan sucks in, which helps to keep the radiator fins clean. It also helps to keep the internal parts of the air system clean and reduces plugging issues.
The single snorkel is designed for smaller fans, mainly the Crary 6" Fan. The dual snorkel is designed for higher flow fans which is most of the fans on air seeders. The dual snorkel ensures that fan air flow is not restricted by using 2 - 8" hoses for the air intake.
I need a part for my Blockage Prevention System
Here are the detailed parts lists for each Blockage Prevention System Kit:
Main Rad Assembly - 7650
CNH Bracket/Hose Kit - 7701
Bourgault Bracket/Hose Kit - 7711
REM 17" Fan Bracket/Hose Kit - 7721
John Deere Bracket/Hose Kit - 7731
Crary 6" Fan Bracket/Hose Kit - 7741
Oil is coming out of the Relief "T" port on my BPS
There are several reasons that this may be happening:
- Blockage Prevention System is hooked up backwards. IN and OUT Hoses are installed in the wrong ports. The IN Port always needs to be connected to the Return side of the Fan Motor.
- There may be excessive back pressure on the OUT port of the Blockage Prevention system. Install gauge and check if back pressure is below 400psi. If pressure is below this level there may be a faulty pressure relief valve. Call us to get replacement part. If the back pressure is above 400psi, check the following:
- Quick Release Coupling is too small (Minimum size is 3/4". High Flow Coupling is preferred)
- Return line should be free from restrictions. If the return oil is going through a manifold, it can be diverted straight back to the tank, but not through the system return.
- Cold Oil (ensure that oil is warmed prior to engaging fan motor.)
AIRGUARD™ Blockage Prevention System Warranty
Enjoy peace of mind by registering your products with our warranty program. Please fill in all fields below to register your product warranty.
For more information on our warranty terms please review our warranty policies.